Tuesday, October 12, 2010
My Phone down the Memory Lane (Updated)
Way back in 99, my first phone was Panasonic GD62. The picture is of GD30, since I could not found GD62 photo. I gave this phone to some relative who used it for next 5-6 years.
My next phone was a smaller version of Nokia 8250, internationally 8210 was released. I gave this to someone.
My Next phone was a great phone, Ericsson T68, I still miss it, I mis-placed it.
My next phone was T610, I think it was great design but over all it was just okay. I gave it away
My next phone was K700i It was the phone, I really did not like it. I lost it.
My next phone was K610i which I still have and I like it. It is a great phone
I was looking for a business phone with Value For phone I went forward and bought HTC S710. I faced some usability issue and returned it immediately to Shop
Today I use P1i, it is fine but I really miss Ericsson OS. It is FAR better than Symbian
My latest one is Samsung jet! it is great and it is a completely new experience, but then i couldn’t get myself used to screen based typepad and I am still using p1i mostly.
And I couldn’t get used to it. So for sometime i was back on p1i and then I heard about andriod. I bought gw620
My reason of buying LG Phone. Well it came with a full keyboard.. andriod (1.5).
I have been using this phone over 5 month. More or less the experience is fine but these are few shortcomings.
- The panel has touch sensitive back and home button. This is so ridiculous why why!! It make your life hellish, specially when you making a call.
- The android OS 1.5 is dated and not good for making calls.
- The processor is slow very slow, very very slow.
- Sync is not automatic for email.. So I have to manually check my email many time..
- the on screen word suggestion, it keep making the window jump.. I have to switch it off.
- Opened application cause the system to become incredibly slow..
- It is heavy
- Does not support divX
- The andriod home app tab takes spaces, and the LG home cannot be customized.
- Some time the calibration seem completely off and there is no way to get this fixed.